Wednesday, September 30, 2009

McAllen, Texas and the high cost of health care : The New Yorker

Extremely interesting

And I've received a response from my dear readers (all 3 of you):

A PR fact checker from the Border Health Caucus, a Texan physician group.

1 comment:

  1. Here's a fascinating little website from the provincial government in Ontario, Canada. Ontario is the most populous of the provinces, and Toronto is a sophisticated, modern city, sometimes compared to NYC.


    The provincial government has every incentive to try to make their health care statistics look good.
    With that in mind, it is disturbing to see that this is the best they can show.



    Check out the chart. The good news is that the wait for an MRI is now only 100 days, down from 120!

    Poking around the website, I found, for example, that the wait for surgery for neurological cancer at one regional hospital there is..............84 days.

    I can hardly wait until we secure the blessings of this kind of system here in the U.S.


    http://www.health.gov.on.ca/transformation/wait_times/providers/wt_pro_mn.html

    ReplyDelete